1. Immediately put our food, water and your dogs bed. Also put of an article of your clothing at the location where your dog was last seen.
2. Get word out by using flyers and signs with a picture of your dog along with your phone number, and then check your phone often! Go door-to-door with your flyers in the neighborhood where your dog was last seen.
3. Contact your local animal shelters and animal control facilities, vet clinics, and police departments to report your dog missing. If your dog is microchipped contact the company and report your dog as lost.
4. Instruct everyone that is helping you NOT to call or chase your dog. This will prolong your search. If they see you dog, tell them to sit or lay down (no eye contact) and gently toss out a treat to lure your dog in.
5. Post your dog on HelpingLostPets.com, your local lost and found section of Craiglist, Nextdoor, in your local paper and on other lost and found Internet/Facebook sites.
Information from: lostdogsofamerica.com